Honesty is the best policy
It describes how and when we collect, use, and share information when you purchase goods from us, contact us, or otherwise use our services through bandandroll.com.
Information we collect from you
To fulfill your order, you provide us with certain information (which you authorize Shopify to offer us), such as your name, email and postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You can also choose to provide us with additional personal information (i.e., for a custom order of your pup’s neck size, initials, phone number) if you contact us directly or leave us a note under your purchase.
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on some legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as necessary to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have submitted your affirmative consent, which you can revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our newsletters;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information sharing & disclosure
Your personal information is vital to our business. We share it for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies and Google Analytics. We share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to legal process or government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect your rights, property, and safety.
The length of time we keep your personal information
Transfers of personal information outside the EU
We do not store and process your data through any third-party hosting services outside of the EU or any other jurisdictions.
You have a number of rights concerning your personal information. While some of these apply generally, others utilize only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You also have the right to change, limit our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally remove your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your data based on your legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent for obtaining them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any rights you have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of the EU data protection law, we are the data controller of your personal information. For any questions or concerns, contact or mail us at:
Founders Roman Kraft & Alona Grebenyuk
T +4915787839044 (same for iMessage or Whatsapp)